Website development has shifted quite a bit over the past few years and new technologies have emerged to help market to the world in 2022. As this post is relevant now, in a year these technologies may have shifted again. Much of web based development has changed due to the evolution of the techniques due to the separation of much of web based technologies into purely technical and non-technical roles.
Website Development in 2023
Many technologies go into the creation of a modern website. In previous days there were only a few options open to developers to build a website. In the beginning, there was HTML. HTML was great in that it was a simple language to build very simple websites. The trouble was that HTML in itself did not contain any way to make the designs look different. So, at the same time, HTML was produced, CSS was also added. CSS then allows HTML to be formatted and styled to show content using different sizes, colors, fonts, and various other layout features. CSS and HTML are not enough to do a full design, so images were added to the mix that could be designed using tools such as Photoshop. Thus, the world of the internet was born.
The following tools are being used:
2. Gatsby: A framework for building applications that compiles ReactJS code back into basic HTML / CSS for the search engine
3. Firebase: A data store, hosting, and automation engine for deploying and hosting a website.
5. Prismic.io: The dynamic headless content engine for building content.
6. NodeJS / NPM: Package management and build
7. Git: Source code repository for managing the versioning of the source code.
8. Canva: A design tool for images
This stack is incredibly powerful and used together can accomplish the main goals of a modern website and allow for content management and deployment of search engine optimization / rending far better than tools used before now.